Sharp Shooting Augie Women Down Minot
Vikings Win Third Straight Game 87-70
Augustana University made 10, 3-point field goals, their second straight making 10, 3-point buckets, to defeat Minot State 87-70 in their final game of the weekend. With the victory Augustana has won three straight games.
Augustana carried over their hot shooting from the second-half of the night before to today’s contest against Minot State. The Viking were feeling it from all over the court as they shot 57 percent from the field and 53 percent from behind the 3-point line. They used the strong shooting performance to go into the locker room with a 22-point lead.
The Vikings continued to control the game in the third-quarter, outscoring the Beavers by one. Minot State cut into the Vikings lead in the fourth-quarter but couldn’t get any closer than 11-points. Augustana would go on to defeat Minot State 87-70.
VIKING OF NOTE
Junior guard Sydney Rome continued her impressive weekend, leading the team in scoring with 12-points. This was the second straight game that Rome has led the team in scoring. Roe was 4-of-14 from the field and a perfect 2-of-2 from the charity stripe. Rome also found her open teammates as she had a four assists, tied for the team lead.
VIKING QUICK HITS
• The Vikings shot 53.3 percent on 8-of-15 shooting from behind the arc in the first half
• The Vikings held Minot State to just 25 percent shooting in the first half. Last the Vikings held a team to under 30 percent was against Concordia-St. Paul back on Jan. 9, 2016
• Augustana had 13 different players score in the game
• Two Vikings earned double-digit points against Minot State: Rome (12), Logan O’Farrell (10)
• Augustana scored 34 points in the paint
• For the game the Vikings shot 47 percent from the field
• Augustana scored at least 20-points in three of their four quarters. The lone quarter they did not reach 20, was the fourth-quarter where they scored 19
• Minot State outscored the Vikings on second chance points 29-13
• No Vikings had more than two fouls
• Shelby Selland led the Vikings in rebounds with six
The Vikings will be on the road for the next two weekends. This coming weekend Augustana will travel to Northern State on Friday and MSU Moorhead on Saturday. Tip-off against Northern State is scheduled for 6 p.m. with Saturday’s game against MSU Moorhead slated for a 4 p.m. start.