Job title: Broadcast Networking Engineer
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Provide support for all areas of KDLT including but not limited to Networking, Information Technologies and Broadcast Equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with maintaining all systems for on-air broadcast and fix issues efficiently and quickly when arise. Directly support newscasts by being available for emergency troubleshooting and repairs. Repair and assist in maintenance of Camera gear, maintenance of station IT equipment.
• Assist in maintaining tower logs from day to day (Tower readings, EAS, FAA tower notifications)
• Assist other engineers with transmitter and tower maintenance when needed.
• Rotational on-call and being prepared to come in at all hours of the day including weekends.
• Know how all systems work in all departments to be able to assist when issues do arise
• Assist with building website, mobile site, and the web app
• Assist with maintaining building grounds
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Computer and Networking, Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
• Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in high places and in small cramped places.
• Must be able to work in hot humid places as well as cold places.
Please send resume and cover letter to Michael Streby, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3600 S. Westport Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106