The Automotive Technician is responsible for identifying the necessary vehicle service and performing the repair, service, and/or maintenance work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Examines customer vehicles.
• Identifies necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance.
• Maintains Customer Satisfaction scores at or above company standards.
• Estimates cost of repairs.
• Performs vehicle repairs and maintenance.
• Documents services performed.
• Performs services efficiently and according to dealership guidelines.
• Follows dealership and manufacturer service guidelines.
• Requests necessary parts.
• Follows safety rules and regulations.
• Regularly attends formal training to remain proficient in changing automotive technology.
• Maintains organized service department.
• Performs other tasks, based on the requirements and instructions of the Service Manager.
A. Education: High school diploma or equivalent
B. Physical Requirements: Good physical health including ability to occasionally lift 60 pounds. Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting, pushing, standing, stooping and walking. Occasional climbing, crawling, crouching and reaching.
C. Working Conditions: Required to work at varying temperatures and humidity. Occasionally subjected to vibrations, mechanical and electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions occasionally include fumes and dust. The noise level may be high.
D. Licenses: Must possess valid driver’s license.
– ASE certification.
– A high level of motivation and demonstrated ability to learn and succeed.
– Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
– Proven knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.