The Service Manager oversees the service department and is responsible for maintaining profitability while controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relations, setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives and maintaining service records.
Essential Job Functions:
• Hires and supervises all service department personnel.
• Ensures a clean, safe working environment.
• Creates goals and objectives for the department, which includes an annual operating budget and a marketing plan to promote new and repeat business.
• Effectively schedules technicians and service appointments.
• Provides training on administrative policies and procedures for all department personnel.
• Encourages technicians to keep their skills up-to-date through periodic technical training on new systems and components offered by the automotive manufacturers.
• Keeps up-to-date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures while serving as a liaison with the factory representatives.
• Maintains the highest Customer Service Index (CSI) rating from customers by handling customer complaints immediately and according to policy.
• Manages performance to meet budgeted objectives in sales, units and profitability.
• Understands and keeps abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect operations, and comply with these regulations including hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know and provide necessary training on these regulations and ethical practices.
• Meets with the store manager individually, to develop monthly and annual objectives and examine actual performance.
• Performs other tasks, based on the requirements and instructions of the Store Manager.
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Professional certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
– Associate’s degree (or higher) in auto technology is beneficial.
B. Physical Requirements: Good physical health including ability to frequently lift 60 pounds. Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting, pushing, standing, stooping and walking. Occasional climbing, crawling, crouching and reaching.
C. Working Conditions: Required to work at varying temperature and humidity. Occasionally subjected to vibrations, mechanical and electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions occasionally include fumes and dust. The noise level may be high.
D. Licenses: Must possess valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.