The Service Technician is responsible for performing non-technical automotive service repairs, including all tire and wheel related services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Professionally performs non-technical automotive service repairs.
• Professionally performs all tire and wheel related services following Motorist Assurance Program guidelines.
• Maintains Customer Satisfaction scores at or above Company standards.
• Documents services performed.
• Follows Company and manufacturer service guidelines.
• Requests necessary parts.
• Follows safety rules and regulations.
• Regularly attends formal training to remain proficient in changing automotive technology.
• Maintains clean and organized service department.
• Maintains clean and organized warehouse, showroom and building exterior.
• Performs other tasks, based on the requirements and instructions of the Service Manager.
A. Education: High school diploma or equivalent
B. Physical Requirements: Good physical health including ability to frequently lift 60 pounds. Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting, pushing, standing, stooping and walking. Occasional climbing, crawling, crouching and reaching.
C. Working Conditions: Required to work at varying temperature and humidity. Frequently subjected to vibrations, mechanical and electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions occasionally include fumes and dust. The noise level may be high.
D. Licenses: Must possess valid driver’s license.
– A high level of motivation and demonstrated ability to learn and succeed.
– Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.