SD Homeowner Hospitalized After Weekend Fire
by Associated Press
December 05, 2011 8:09 AM
A woman in the southwest South Dakota city of Box Elder was injured when fire destroyed her home.
Fire Chief Chris Gleason says that the homeowner is hospitalized in Rapid City with first- and second-degree burns. He says the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. The victim was not identified.
Gleason says a wood-burning stove caused the Sunday afternoon fire. He says strong winds made fighting the blaze difficult, and firefighters focused on stopping it from spreading.