Carbon Monoxide Detected At Iowa Restaurant
by Associated Press
March 28, 2013 9:46 AM
High levels of carbon monoxide have been found at a restaurant that had been evacuated in northwest Iowa.
The Storm Lake Fire Department, police and Alliant Energy responded to a Burger King outlet on Tuesday night after an odor of natural gas was reported. The restaurant had been evacuated.
Authorities say no natural gas was detected, but carbon monoxide was. Firefighters determined a faulty rooftop heating unit caused the problem.
No injuries have been reported.