SF Home Goes Up In Flames
by KDLT News
April 10, 2013 4:59 PM
A Sioux Falls family and their pets are safe Wednesday night after their home went up in flames Wednesday.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue responded to the house fire around 7:45 Wednesday morning.
The home is on the corner of 16th Street and Westmoor Drive.
The homeowner and her 16-year-old weren't home at the time, but her boyfriend and their pets got out of the home safely.
The homeowner tells KDLT they've been without power since Tuesday and they lit their fireplace Tuesday night, but she doesn't know if the fire place would have sparked the blaze.
Firefighters had some difficulty fighting the fire as they dealt with a thick coating of ice on the street, sidewalk and even the grass.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue is still investigating the cause of the fire.