Greenway Heads Legends Lineup
by KDLT Sports
April 18, 2013 6:38 PM
(Sioux Falls, SD) – Six celebrities comprise the Hy-Vee/Sanford Legends slate for the 2013 event scheduled to run June 13 to 25.
- Jim Kelly, Retired Buffalo Bills and Hall of Fame Quarterback (Football - Banquet and Clinic)
- Bret Saberhagen, Retired, Kansas City Royals Pitcher (Baseball – Banquet and Clinic)
- Michael Cooper, Retired, Los Angeles Lakers (Basketball – Banquet and Clinic)
- Chad Greenway, Minnesota Vikings Linebacker (Football – Banquet and Clinic)
- Prince Amukamara, New York Giants Cornerback (Football – Celebrity Football Camp only)
- Ryan Bader, Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Arizona State (Wrestling – Banquet, Clinic and Camp)
Legends’ mission is to play a part in providing area youth with the tools and confidence to help them make the right decisions in life. To provide youth with the opportunity to experience the positive influence of sports, Legends provides an annual event where youth can gather for free specialized training in multiple sports.
The sessions are conducted by professional athletes and the region’s best college and high school coaches who have been recognized as positive role models on and off the field. Parents and coaches also participate in clinics designed to help them further understand their role as mentors while sharpening their coaching skills.
Last year, Hy-Vee/Sanford Legends and Celebrity Football Camp gave back $145,000 to the Legends Grant Program for area communities. For more information, visit www.LegendsforKids.com. Since 2005, Hy-Vee/Sanford Legends has raised $958,000, making 2013 the $1 million milestone for Legends.