Watertown Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental
by Associated Press
August 08, 2013 8:47 AM
A fire that destroyed a senior housing apartment complex in the eastern South Dakota city of Watertown has been ruled accidental.
Watertown Fire Rescue Lt. Craig Kruse says that state and federal investigators determined that an electrical appliance malfunction sparked the blaze late Tuesday and early Wednesday.
No serious injuries resulted but the 43 people who lived in the Sunchase Apartments all have been displaced. Kruse says they were allowed back into the building for three hours Wednesday afternoon to collect what belongings they could. Many lost everything.