PIERRE, S.D. -

A South Dakota man has pleaded not guilty to a second-degree murder charge stemming from a fatal shooting that took place in April on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.

The office of U.S. Attorney Randolph Seiler says 18-year-old Jacob McCloskey, of St. Francis, entered his plea earlier this week. He is also charged with witness tampering and using and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.

Court records show McCloskey is accused of shooting Rhannon Joseph Kills Plenty with a rifle on April 7 and then persuading two witnesses to lie about the circumstances of the shooting. Public records do not provide additional details.

McCloskey's trial is scheduled for Nov. 15. His attorney didn't immediately return a call seeking comment on the case Friday.A South Dakota man has pleaded not guilty to a second-degree murder charge stemming from a fatal shooting that took place in April on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.

The office of U.S. Attorney Randolph Seiler says 18-year-old Jacob McCloskey, of St. Francis, entered his plea earlier this week. He is also charged with witness tampering and using and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.

Court records show McCloskey is accused of shooting Rhannon Joseph Kills Plenty with a rifle on April 7 and then persuading two witnesses to lie about the circumstances of the shooting. Public records do not provide additional details.

McCloskey's trial is scheduled for Nov. 15. His attorney didn't immediately return a call seeking comment on the case Friday.